Let me live!

                                                                 Let me live!

One fine evening I got an call from the principal of my school, asking me to use my creativity and come up with an poem. On being asked what was the subject of my poem, she replied. " please try and co-relate it with our education system". What she implied was our present state of education in our country where the children are forced to hatch from their cosy shelters. They are denied of their struggle to find out their own existence. The charm of learning things on one's own, the  exhilaration of discovering something new, the smile of innovation is mercilessly snatched away. The education system in our country hardly gives children a chance to learn on their own as most of it is force fed. American Writer and Educator once said "The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery". It made me wonder how many teachers truly believe in the above quoted line, forget following it to the core.What an intimidating thought, the future of our country lies in the hands of a bunch bored housewives who would teach by pages numbers rather than providing true erudition. Nevertheless I got down to work and jotted down few lines try to capture what seemed to be a very difficult task. I felt a little reassured that atleast there is a new start, a handful of schools who are willing to let the chick hatch own its own instead of pushing it out prematurely. It might take years for the 'rote' mind set to change but the first baby steps have been taken. Here's hoping to better and vivid future of our education system!
' Be the change you want to see'  :)





Behold a beautiful white egg,
Glistening in the morning light!
And within its cramped walls I lay,
Awaiting to see the world with my first sight!
With immense love my mother brooded,
And gave me my valuable life!
so that I hatch and grow,
And on my own overcome life’s strife!
Pray! Let me naturally hatch!
Do not any artificial means attach!
Break not my shell before time,
And thus commit an unpardonable crime!
Let me on my own hatch and peek,
On my own grow and my life seek!
I do not need human help,
Let nature take its own way!
Allow me to be born and live
And grow with passing of each day!




Comments

Prerna said…
Before I begin appreciating your writing... want to appreciate something else... something more deep. Anks, the history & unfortunate state of our education is as rotten as th politics and again nothing new. What makes me happy and hold my belief in hope are some few people I have had the fortune to know - who despite of coming out from this system were able to keep alive a fire in them. They got very little or no damage from our system & thankfully had their passion still running in their nerves. You my dear, are one of them :) It is very easy to become what the world wants you to... but to have the courage to be yourself is a rare asset! I am full of admiration of your passion - which luckily gets alive in your writing... and your clicks :) ther's something right about your inner system that does'nt let the outer system take over :D keep it alive & keep it going! love you...

Popular posts from this blog

CD craft

Quilling me softly !

Art Attack!