Doodles from Rajasthan

Doodles from Rajasthan 


Rajasthan, the land of Kings has always intrigued me. Its vibrant colours, pulsating people, exquisite handicraft, folklore and the never ending sand dunes. Even though I have traveled a lot into the vivid land, it still calls me for more. It's haunting beauty never fails to attract me.The contrasting hues always made me more interested in it's heritage. The simple, elegant beauty of the palaces and the confined lives of many in them. The panoramic sand dunes and the harsh living conditions. The barrenness and richly carved structures stand as a witness to the bygone era.

Through my travel into the hearts of Jaisalmer and Bikaner I came across many unknown yet interesting faces. Some were obliging enough to strike a pose in front of my camera. Other simply shrugged and went away. It's the ones who went away indifferently etched something in mind. While travelling back home I made it a point to squiggle  something on a rough sheet of paper. While going through my scrapbook today, I stumbled upon some of these doodles of people and buildings. More coming up soon !  :)





Sketch of some Haveli in Jaisalmer
Doodle of Mughal art seen in the museum 
Add caption
                                                                     












           









Dancers: Jaisalmer 
     

Dancers: Jaisalmer 
   Shepherds : Glimpse from the train to Bikaner                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CD craft

Quilling me softly !

Art Attack!