Mood Swings

Mood Swings


There comes a time when inspite of everything going right in one's life, a feeling of extreme solitude takes over. The source or the reason for this feeling remains somewhat unexplained. Endless cups of black coffee fails to bolster up the mood. It so happened that one of these days I got a bout of 'gloominess' and 'ohh my God where is my life going?'. Usually a very buoyant person, the gloom factor has always made me irritable. I had to shrug it off ASAP. I tried picking up a book to read, ended up just flipping through the pages aimlessly. Made an attempt to cook, with the end result of some burnt toast and tasteless eggs ! Flipped through television channels only  to find a mother in law throwing brickbats at her daughter in law. Other channels weren't of any respite either. I managed to find some horoscope readers, telemarketers and IPL commentaries. Sitting still wasn't a trait that I was particularly proud of. Not able to do anything in it's completion was making me a little fidgety. I decided to surf a social networking sight for some untailored fun and a chance of a mood change. I realized that it was Gurudev's 150th birthday and the place was plastered with quotes here and there. I chanced upon one such quote that struck a cord with me. It read :

"I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present."



Hmm...I thought to myself, that makes a lot of sense. Am I not the optimistic person he's referring to?? Probably it's just a bad day which I was over hyping. Problem with watching too many movies and reading mushy books is that even a tiniest mood swing achieves ginormous proportions. Not that a subtle quote suddenly changed my mood, I remained dull for the rest of the day. It did perhaps very faintly made me understand it was an odd day and I should stop cursing the entire universe for the sudden gloominess thrust upon me. Something terrific has always been coming up no matter what. Ever so grateful to Gurudev for the rousing quote, I got down to doodling and ended up drawing him. Here's to the numerous mood swings and my musings about it.
Yours truly
Bored Girl




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CD craft

Quilling me softly !

Art Attack!