Fitness Shitness Hai Rabba !!




Never in my life have I been a fitness freak or someone who even does exercise inside the house. Hitting the gym was always on the ' to do' list that kept changing every year, keeping only the laziness constant. Infact the only fitness related activity I have ever done in my life would include taking my school children for sports classes and maybe doing a bit of stretching there. Even as a student I remember bunking all my sports classes and march past practices. I had invented  a 'rare' disease which I used in my swimming classes and even got a doctor to write a prescription!  I would get an allergy when I would come in contact with water and sunlight. I hope the advancement in science probably would have found a cure for this deadly disease by now. 

It wasn't till a recent party where my obvious paunch was a little too obvious and encouraged a particularly drunk lady to point it out. " Well, such things happen at your age, she said." such things? my age? huh.... !! Suddenly all those years of being a couch potato wasn't looking like a good idea after all. The fact that running around with kids in the playground wasn't the best exercise, was finally dawning on me. To add on to the protruding belly, was the garbage I usually eat consisting of pot full of coffee, chips, chocolate and fried potatoes ! What I needed was a fabulous  workout plan, which wasn't very stressful, yet effective.

I decided to do yoga. Yes the same mystic mantra that has held the fascination of the west for so many years. I contacted this friend of mine who gave me the number of yoga teacher, who would come to my house everyday and teach. Sounded perfect!. Without a minutes delay I called up this teacher who happened to be a 22 year old boy. As the the pointing to the paunch wasn't enough, now I need to learnt how to get fit from someone that young. Very well, swallow your pride and move on. That's what I did, set up a new goal.


Exercise every single day for 30 days.

This would probably mess up with entire days plans...ahhh ...what the heck, what the fun of having everything easy in life, isn't it? I figured this would give me the opportunity to try out new workouts and get creative with my daily routine. I suppose I could have done this little challenge alone but where's the fun in that? Who will hold me accountable? Who will share inspirational quotes with me? Who will kick me in the pants when I feel like getting lazy? I need accountability when it comes to fitness !! I need someone pushing me and telling it's too easy to give up. So one of my friend sparked an idea that we should set up a group for people having trouble with keeping a fitness routine. We would share our trials and tribulations through mails and also encourage each other to keep going on. It sounded fantastic to me and I immediately floated an e-group. I though that only my family would join in just to humour me. But in fact the idea caught on and 5 of my friends decided to share their fitness mantras and their struggle. I think all of us were wanting to do some kind of a fitness programme since a long time but did not know how to start.

It's just been over a month and a little fitness e-group is busy encouraging its members to keep slogging :)

So far, this challenge has been everything I hope it would be. I am quite enthusiastic about keeping it going at the same speed. I have learnt quite a few asanas in Yoga and make it point sharing it with my friends. The comments, the jokes, inspiration quotes, everything is so much fun.

I hope the fun continues and me and my friends continue with this fitness streak. After a month the  common word floating around in the e-group is 'Sore'. We all are sore and 'achey' but it is a good thing !! It means we are working hard and our body is just letting us know.  Hope you are taking care of your body. :) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's really interesting. Thanks for posting all the great information! Had never thought of it all that way before.
Welcome to my website [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].
Anonymous said…
You got a really useful blog. I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.
Thank u :) Even I am newbie and started this blog as a result of sheer boredom...good to know u liked it :)
Anonymous said…
Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day
Anonymous said…
Good post. I be taught something more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It is going to always be stimulating to read content material from different writers and observe slightly something from their store. I'd prefer to use some with the content material on my blog whether you don't mind. Natually I'll provide you with a hyperlink on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.
Thank U everyone for liking the blog :). Do share yours as well :)

Popular posts from this blog

CD craft

Quilling me softly !

Art Attack!